Monday, May 9, 2011

Robert Johnson @ 100: 10 Tunes in Memory



Yesterday, I meant to imbed this song widget in the post as it was the 100th anniversary of Robert Johnson's birth this past Saturday.    Somehow I thought I did but didn't - yes, I've been a bit busy lately.

Thanks to my old buddy, Greg, for the reminder.

But better late than etc., so here it is. It is safe to say, no Robert Johnson, no rock and roll.

Period.














singing insects, too
make music
in this world
Issa
translated by David G. Lanoue






best,
Don


Send a single haiku for the Wednesday Haiku feature.  Here's how.

Go to the LitRock web site for a list of all 102 songs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

" . . . no Robert Johnson, no rock and roll." Amen. So love his All My Love's in Vain" but YouTube removed it. Sigh . . . Thanks for this great post among many.

Issa's Untidy Hut said...

Glad you liked, Donna. As I recall, the Stones originally neglected to credit Johnson but remedied their errant ways years later. I could be wrong about that one, though.